20090327

Back to the Grind...

The days of simply going to work, and coming home, with the occasional day off, are officially over now as I go back to the daily grind of life as a college student. I am keeping my job at about 28 hours per week, while still attending full time (12 credits) at UW. This will continue for approximately the next two years until I graduate and get a real job.

I mean, fixing broken Macs is fun and all, but for me it doesn't seem like a viable long-term career if I want to afford a mortgage, and start a family.

I'm applying for the Informatics department at the University of Washington this year, with possible alternate majors of Applied Computing or Computing and Software Systems at UW Bothell if somehow things don't work out.

I'm a little annoyed at the fact that UW doesn't supply individualized class schedules compatible with iCal, Google, Calendars, or even Outlook. I had to enter everything manually. Lame.

Furthermore, why would anyone want to subscribe to the calendars I just posted?

1 comment:

Paul Jones Dayton said...

Back to the grind indeed. I have noticed that life is easier without the school deadlines.

As for your ical issues, Snow Leopard will solve all of our ills! Exchange support is no small thing!